This is James. He’s my best friend, soulmate, and WFH buddy to annoy 😈
I know him very well. You’d hope so after 9 years of being together 😝
- His favourite cuisine is Indian
- He loves pugs
- His favourite colour is blue
I also know him at a deeper level – His values, beliefs, and life vision ❤️
I know this NOT because we see each other everyday, but because we’ve had long and deep conversations about this
The thing is, time together ≠ connection time
I’ve had colleagues who I’ve seen for years, yet know nothing about who they really are
I’ve got friends who I’ve spent little time with, yet have seen their true heart and soul.
So if you’re doing well in life… But still
• Constantly have the urge to do or become more
• Wonder ‘what if’
• Don’t feel deeply fulfilled
• Feel like you’re running out of time
• Get imposter syndrome
• Can’t seem to break through to the next league
And you can’t put your finger on why…
It’s probably because you spend 24/7 with yourself, but you don’t actually connect with yourself. AKA you don’t REALLY know yourself
And I believe this is the core of almost every challenge in your career and life
How can you get to know your true self?
- Long walks in nature
- Sitting in stillness (No podcast, music etc)
Some questions you can ask yourself:
- What are my values?
- What are my beliefs?
- What’s important in my life above all else?
- What change do I want to see in the world?
Try this and let me know what you think!